March 24, 2009 08:26PM
I am in the middle of doing a full coolant flush and water pump / thermostat change on an M42. I pulled the radiator so I could run some water from the hose through it and as I was finishing I was shaking the radiator around to get all the excess water out from the fins and I heard a rattling coming from inside. I thought that was unusual and was able to shake this piece of tubing out of the upper hole in the radiator ...the one next to the coolant expansion tank. Why would this be in there and is my radiator ruined if this came out of it? The car has had a history of running hot and I am wondering if this might be the problem. When I ran the water through the radiator the water seemed to flow through pretty good...maybe it is flowing through only a portion of the radiator thus not getting the full use of the fins. I would really like to figure this out before I reinstall everything and end up with the same problem. Thanks for the help everyone! confused smiley
March 24, 2009 08:35PM
Cripes!!! Has the car always run hot? I would think the worse you could do is just button everything back up and see how it runs. Sure looks like someone did something silly!!

alan
March 24, 2009 08:58PM
alanrw
Cripes!!! Has the car always run hot? I would think the worse you could do is just button everything back up and see how it runs. Sure looks like someone did something silly!!

alan

I purchased the car knowing there was a problem that two previous owners could not resolve. I figured that they just did not know how to bleed the system properly or had a bad sensor or gauge. I figured that this would not be very hard to figure out as you just eliminate each thing one at a time. The radiator looks pretty new so I was surprised that this came out of it. I guess you never can second guess what a PO has done!
March 25, 2009 12:17AM
[/quote]

I guess you never can second guess what a PO has done![/quote]

.....ain't that the understatement of the week!!!

alan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 3 on September 29, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 109 on June 08, 2017