Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Koni's installed

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
June 10, 2012 08:03PM
It took a buddy and me all day to get those front struts changed and the rear shocks installed. What a nice ride now. Only unknown is what setting did I choose? The instructions that come with Koni shocks for the adjustment are a very abstract cartoon that I cannot understand. It gives no clue as to which setting is the soft or firm. Only that there are adjustments and which way to turn the two parts of the shock. I wish they offered some better written instructions.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
June 10, 2012 08:14PM
Bob in Everett
It took a buddy and me all day to get those front struts changed and the rear shocks installed. What a nice ride now. Only unknown is what setting did I choose? The instructions that come with Koni shocks for the adjustment are a very abstract cartoon that I cannot understand. It gives no clue as to which setting is the soft or firm. Only that there are adjustments and which way to turn the two parts of the shock. I wish they offered some better written instructions.

I hope they all got set on the same level. The fronts are adjusted before you drop it in the strut, right? And the rears are adjusted how, externally?

I put Koni's on the 71 2800cs and the car took on a whole new feeling smileys with beer enjoy
June 10, 2012 09:56PM
The car feels pretty good but I thought I was setting it on the softest setting by only turning it 180 from the stop. The more I think about it, I have convinced myself that it is the firmest setting. I did set them all the same. Seemed like they may have been sort of in the middle setting.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login