Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, deadsville lately- window switches anyone

Posted by rkj 
rkj
Okay, I have one that's getting more impossible as time goes by, does anyone have any ideas on cleaning the switch, I've never tried to take one apart but I have tried to blow them out after a good spraying but this one needs a good sanding of the contacts I think- is there a way to get in there?

Thanks, Rick
uhh, it's been a while since I messed with window switches. I remember taking one apart, so it's possible to get to 'innards' of the switch ( I think from the bottom - you have to pry it out with thin flat screwdriver or similar). It's not complicated or hard, although I remember thinking that due to time spend on taking one apart and cleaning it, I would of been better off just buying good used one... smiling smiley
All the switches in the E30 are pretty much the same. You have to pry the sides of the switch case open at the bottom and work the guts out. Usually the case will crack but if you are really careful you can get it open, do your thing and snap it back together.

A thin bladed screwdriver or a narrow knife blade works best smileys with beer
rkj
igor325
uhh, it's been a while since I messed with window switches. I remember taking one apart, so it's possible to get to 'innards' of the switch ( I think from the bottom - you have to pry it out with thin flat screwdriver or similar). It's not complicated or hard, although I remember thinking that due to time spend on taking one apart and cleaning it, I would of been better off just buying good used one... smiling smiley

Thanks Igor, I'm always up for a challenge winking smiley now, where are those safety glass'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login