Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resistance of Air Flow Meter

Posted by Ninh Huu Chan 
March 11, 2009 05:54AM
Hi Guys,
Did you somebody measure the resistance of air flow meter? Or any experience is welcome..
My 325i 10/1998 is jumping when I driving at 1400 - 1500 rpm. That mean only little push accelerator. Above it no problem.
Idle is OK, accelerating very nice.
Thanks.
Chan.
March 11, 2009 06:49AM
Here is a good article explaining everything you need to know about the airflow meter, including how to check the resistance.
March 11, 2009 08:48AM
Ninh Huu Chan
Hi Guys,
Did you somebody measure the resistance of air flow meter? Or any experience is welcome..
My 325i 10/1998 is jumping when I driving at 1400 - 1500 rpm. That mean only little push accelerator. Above it no problem.
Thanks.
Chan.

It sounds like your throttle position sensor needs to be checked for proper adjustment.
rkj
March 11, 2009 08:25PM
Archeo-peteriX
Ninh Huu Chan
Hi Guys,
Thanks.
Chan.

It sounds like your throttle position sensor needs to be checked for proper adjustment.

The TPS is what I was thinking too smileys with beer
March 11, 2009 10:22PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Ninh Huu Chan
Hi Guys,
Thanks.
Chan.

The TPS is what I was thinking too smileys with beer

It's probably opening just a tiny bit late and confusing the ECU.
March 13, 2009 05:31AM
Thanks dear friends.
Following introduction of article "airflow meter" I measured voltage of Air flow meter, I think its OK. With multi-meter I checked open/close switch of Throttle position switch, its OK. "Click " is good adjusted (This is my second 325i).
Do you have some more idea?
I start to think that Air flow meter give too lean mixture, but I don't have equipment to test. I also tried adjusting the base idle speed and mixture by unplug the TPS connector and short all three pins together, but not successful. (http://www.rickk.net/i/drive/bmw-e30-325i-motronic-10-information/)
Sorry to make you headache.
Thanks.
Chan.
March 13, 2009 09:16AM
Ninh Huu Chan
Thanks dear friends.
Following introduction of article "airflow meter" I measured voltage of Air flow meter, I think its OK. With multi-meter I checked open/close switch of Throttle position switch, its OK. "Click " is good adjusted (This is my second 325i).
Do you have some more idea?
I start to think that Air flow meter give too lean mixture, but I don't have equipment to test. I also tried adjusting the base idle speed and mixture by unplug the TPS connector and short all three pins together, but not successful. (http://www.rickk.net/i/drive/bmw-e30-325i-motronic-10-information/)
Sorry to make you headache.
Thanks.
Chan.

I just reread your original post...if you do have a 1998 car it's not an E30 and none of the advice here will apply, nor will the bad info in that link.
Even if you car is a 1989 E30, that link won't help since your car would have the Motronic 1.3 ECU.

So which is your car; a 1989 325i or a 1998 model?
March 13, 2009 03:29PM
Sorry Peter, I was wrong. My first E30 is 12/1988, second one is 10/1988
March 26, 2009 11:14PM
I regulated Air flow Meter 2 "saw tooth" to get richer mixture. Engine runs more smoothly, some time in the town, it still jumping. After 2 weeks, it seem that consumption is worse.
I am thinking about a little air leak.
Is any good way to check air leak?
Thanks and regard.
Chan
March 27, 2009 08:54AM
I have not done this myself, but I have read that you can check for air intake leaks by spraying starting fluid around all the usual suspected sources with the car running and if the idle surges then you have found your leak. If all your rubber hoses are good then you might want to check the valve cover for leaks and even the oil dipstick o-rings and filler cap too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login