Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fixed: random no start when warm

Posted by fporro 
March 15, 2015 09:09PM
Aloha, long time no see, hope everyone is well.

Posting update as I been trying to find the cause of "random no start when hot" condition.

The problem was a crimp connector on YL/BK wire under steering column, probably for p.o. alarm system.
It seems that the one strand of wire left was enough to send signal to starter when cold, not so when wire got hot.
It's been a week since I fixed it and now she start's every time, no more sweet talking nor petting her prior to turning key, well, still do it as I'm used to it. lol.

Mahalo,
Frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 09:11PM by fporro.
March 16, 2015 03:44AM
fporro

Posting update as I been trying to find the cause of "random no start when hot" condition.

The problem was a crimp connector on YL/BK wire under steering column, probably for p.o. alarm system.
It seems that the one strand of wire left was enough to send signal to starter when cold, not so when wire got hot.
It's been a week since I fixed it and now she start's every time, no more sweet talking nor petting her prior to turning key, well, still do it as I'm used to it. lol.

Mahalo,
Frank

Another happy driver!
:cool2:

Regards,
JP
March 16, 2015 08:54PM
These type problems are always the last place you look. My son had a similar problem and found that when he put a new battery in the car the problem went away.

Bob in Lake Havasu
November 26, 2016 11:05PM
fporro

Mahalo,
Frank

Interesting! Occasionally my car, over the last couple years, has been reluctant to start when warm. However, I press the accelerator a bit and try the turning the key again. Usually this solves the problem.

Now I wonder if there is a wire issue.

Thanks, Kelly
November 28, 2016 05:43PM
I have had difficult hot starts when my injectors have not been cleaned in a while. I use the chevron injector cleaner occasionally and it seems to help. The problem my son had with his car was that the starter would not engage until the car cooled so a relay or wire issue was most likely since he could jumper the starter control from the round 20 pin connector under the hood.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login