December 19, 2013 05:24AM
Hello Everyone,
Thinking of purchasing a 1990 BMW 325IC with 52K miles ~
:dance::dance::dance:
Any thoughts about this vehicle would be greatly appreciated
THANKS
Ellie'
December 19, 2013 06:06AM
The mileage is low. In case it looks and drives good, is a great car!

If not done recently, must do a thorough maintenance, with timing belt, filters, fluids, and so on...
Same as any car of that vintage, only this engine can be destroyed if the timing belt snaps.
Le'
December 19, 2013 07:48AM
ahhh thank you so much, will ask about the timing belt!!!....it looks like a sweet car, on ,my way to test drive!
December 19, 2013 09:22AM
Let us know how it turns out.

:thumbup:
rkj
December 19, 2013 04:57PM
I always do a carfax (I actually use autocheck) on cars I'm looking at. Anything that was reported will have a record and carfax will show it.

Good luck, Rick
January 28, 2014 09:51PM
Le'
Hello Everyone,
THANKS
Ellie'

Hi,

I hope that you are well! Welcome to the awesome e30 forum!

By 325iC, are you saying that the car is a convertable?

I have a 1989 325i convertable, and I love, love, love it. That said, it requires some maintenance to keep it rolling in fine form and high style. It drives like a dream. I would describe it as my much beloved, moderate maintenance, enthusiastic daily driver that leaks a little bit.

What are your goals? What is your tolerance for maintenance? If the car is out of service for two days, is your life in a bind?

I would say the first helpful hint is - know thyself. Then the answers are simplified.

Cheers, Kelly - (yep, I'm a woman. I fearlessly drive a stick shift in San Francisco up the hills which is more challenging when the car is full of friends. )
rkj
January 30, 2014 08:35PM
Kelly
Le'
Hello Everyone,
THANKS
Ellie'

Hi,

I hope that you are well! Welcome to the awesome e30 forum!

By 325iC, are you saying that the car is a convertable?

I have a 1989 325i convertable, and I love, love, love it. That said, it requires some maintenance to keep it rolling in fine form and high style. It drives like a dream. I would describe it as my much beloved, moderate maintenance, enthusiastic daily driver that leaks a little bit.

What are your goals? What is your tolerance for maintenance? If the car is out of service for two days, is your life in a bind?

I would say the first helpful hint is - know thyself. Then the answers are simplified.

Cheers, Kelly - (yep, I'm a woman. I fearlessly drive a stick shift in San Francisco up the hills which is more challenging when the car is full of friends. )

Well put Kelly, older cars are not for everybody... thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login