Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Economizer is off or on.

Posted by rkj 
rkj
April 27, 2013 12:03PM
That small swing gauge (what's it called again?) under the tach is either all the way to one side or the other. This gauge takes its reading from a bunch of different inputs but any idea why it should act like a light switch?

Thanks, Rick
April 27, 2013 04:20PM
Well, one of those inputs must be giving some wrong info. If it is all the way left it thinks there is no fuel being commanded to the injectors. All the way to the right, it thinks there is a lot of fuel being commanded or some really low speed reading. My guess is it could be either the OBC or the ECU.

Bob in Lake Havasu
April 27, 2013 04:20PM
It could be a bad ground on the rear of the cluster. It could also be a bad connection from the Motronix unit above the glove box.

I had a problem like that that was eventually identified as being the fault of the battery which had a shorted cell. If the battery voltage is too low you can expect all sorts of electronics problems.
rkj
April 28, 2013 09:27PM
Hmm, interesting. Thanks Bob and Peter. I remember after a starter motor replacement a few years back the fella knocked off an air line going in to a valve (I forget the name of it but will look in the book the first chance I get) just in front and under, i think, of the starter motor. I noticed that the eco gauge was not moving at all so I checked around and sure enough Joe had knocked off that line getting to the starter. Hooked it back up and all was well.

Right now it seems that I have a few new lights on that were not ever on before so I'll have to get in to it before long. I've had a rough winter and I'm just now getting back to work, still wobbly but.... Thanks Guys, Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login