Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

e30motorwerks skid plate + mason's cross brace

Posted by fporro 
Aloha Friday,

Just added [URL="[url]http://masonengineering.net/Subpages/E30.htm"[/url];]Mason's[/URL] steel cross brace to my 87 iC, had to remove and do slight modification to [URL="[e30motorwerks.com];]e30motorwerks[/URL] skid plate.

Basically a little trimming and drilled new mounting holes for it to latch onto cross brace.

Mason recommended steel for cabrios, others chassis will do fine with aluminum.

Thanks Robert and John for putting out good products. smiling smiley

rkj
fporro
Aloha Friday,

Just added [URL="[url]http://masonengineering.net/Subpages/E30.htm"[/url];]Mason's[/URL] steel cross brace to my 87 iC, had to remove and do slight modification to [URL="[e30motorwerks.com];]e30motorwerks[/URL] skid plate.

Basically a little trimming and drilled new mounting holes for it to latch onto cross brace.

Mason recommended steel for cabrios, others chassis will do fine with aluminum.

Thanks Robert and John for putting out good products. smiling smiley

Nice stuff Frank. How have you been?

Rick :wavey:
Pretty good Rick, screwing around as usual :0

how about you ?

here's upgraded pics as othes went down ...

I'll also add that they do clear Racing Dynamics headers, mounting hardware includes washers in case you are not utilizing a skid plate.
Little rubber tube near headers is my crank ventilation pipe with one way brake booster valve as to not create vacuum leak, went back to kookorookooo pvc intake smiling smiley

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]

[www.bimmerfest.com]
My kids bought me one of those x braces for my convertible and it seems to stiffen up the body some so the cowl shake is at a higher frequency.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login