Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does any one have the twin plugs for sale?

My E30 is missing the blue and brown sensor plugs. Not missing, mind you, but my temp gauge doesn't read accurately and I've been suspecting it to be the cause of many problems like running rich, shiesty performance and poor economy.

I'd like to replace them and see what happens but there are few yards with e30s around here and the OEM replacements are costly.

Also, if anyone is interested, I've found a decent wiki project for these beauties:

Eurozone wiki
bam_loves_his_bmw_325i
My E30 is missing the blue and brown sensor plugs. Not missing, mind you, but my temp gauge doesn't read accurately and I've been suspecting it to be the cause of many problems like running rich, shiesty performance and poor economy.

I'd like to replace them and see what happens but there are few yards with e30s around here and the OEM replacements are costly.
Sorry, I don't have any, but new ones aren't that costly. Avoid the dealer, and check some of the online vendors. For example, Bavarian Autosport (my usual source) has the blue and brown sensors for $17 and $15 respectively. BTW, you probably already know this, but the blue sensor is for the ECU and the brown one is for the temperature gauge.

Dave_G
bam_loves_his_bmw_325i

Sorry, I don't have any, but new ones aren't that costly. Avoid the dealer, and check some of the online vendors. For example, Bavarian Autosport (my usual source) has the blue and brown sensors for $17 and $15 respectively. BTW, you probably already know this, but the blue sensor is for the ECU and the brown one is for the temperature gauge.

Really? THAT cheap? I had them quoted online somewhere for over $60. I never thought to check BAVAuto, they're generally more expensive in my opinion. What the heck have I been doing all this time? :wall:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login