Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could have been a lot worse...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
July 10, 2012 07:20PM

Some maggots dropped something heavy from a pedestrian overpass...it hit my car as I passed beneath.
Fortunately; I was changing lanes when it hit or I would have been wearing in the middle of my chest :cloud:

It was three Asian kids of the 10 to 12 year old age. They were gone seconds later when I looked back...split like the little cowards they are(not all Asians; just these three).

This overpass was the scene od several similar incidents a few years ago. One woman was killed when a television was dropped on her car and another fellow in a truck was clobbered by a football sized boulder. He spent months and months in facial reconstruction surgery.

I guess I was lucky but the $500 deductible is something I really didn't need right now :furious:
July 10, 2012 08:39PM
Wow, that was a close call. I usually look up on pedestrian overpasses before I get there just because I have heard of so many of these type incidences.

Bob in Lake Havasu
July 11, 2012 07:01AM
That's really a terrible thing to have happen. I hope you called the police.

John
July 11, 2012 07:13AM
John Yust

John

The police simply log your complaint and give you a reference number to provide the insurance company. Since nobody was hurt; they don't dispatch any officers sad smiley
July 11, 2012 08:30AM
Archeo-peteriX
John Yust

John

The police simply log your complaint and give you a reference number to provide the insurance company. Since nobody was hurt; they don't dispatch any officers sad smiley

Sorry to hear. It is still important that the police has records of this kind of offense, cause whenever they catch the little bastards they can blame all the offenses on them.
Of course they wouldn't send anyone chasing two kids with too many time on their hands, but someone may catch them in picture someday, or slap them as they deserve!
Take care!
July 11, 2012 12:33PM
Holy sh*t, you've been really lucky! These kids have no idea what they're doing, hope they're being stopped before something serious happens... Good it was on the quarter panel and not the A-pillar...
July 11, 2012 12:40PM
The scary part as stated is this can actually be fatal. I am surprised the police are taking such a laid back approach. I would think the minimum here is to setup cameras.

alan
July 12, 2012 12:13PM
I'm glad you're okay, Peter.

The car too. Nothing mechanically damaged. That's just a beauty mark to give it some character. A little bit of primer to keep it from rusting is all it needs. Makes a good story.

You, on the other hand, could have been killed. Yikes!
July 12, 2012 08:00PM
Ferdinand
I'm glad you're okay, Peter.

The car too. Nothing mechanically damaged. That's just a beauty mark to give it some character. A little bit of primer to keep it from rusting is all it needs. Makes a good story.

You, on the other hand, could have been killed. Yikes!

Thanks Ferd and all you other guys,

I have decided to do just that; prevent rust and advertise the stupidity of some people's children!

The car is used and does have a few blemishes but they are all of the scratched paint type. Now I have one that has a definite and real story smiling smiley

BTW...I'm happy to say that I am alive to tell the story :cool2:

When I reported the incident to the police who service that area; the nice lady who took my report, told me that they get an average of three(3) repots a year of this kind of thing at that same location!!!

Hopefully I was number 3 for 2012!
rkj
July 16, 2012 07:58PM
Archeo-peteriX

Some maggots dropped something heavy from a pedestrian overpass...it hit my car as I passed beneath.
Fortunately; I was changing lanes when it hit or I would have been wearing in the middle of my chest :cloud:

It was three Asian kids of the 10 to 12 year old age. They were gone seconds later when I looked back...split like the little cowards they are(not all Asians; just these three).

This overpass was the scene od several similar incidents a few years ago. One woman was killed when a television was dropped on her car and another fellow in a truck was clobbered by a football sized boulder. He spent months and months in facial reconstruction surgery.

I guess I was lucky but the $500 deductible is something I really didn't need right now :furious:

Holy Crap Peter, what a bad show. You're really lucky though smileys with beer

Good Luck Buddy
July 17, 2012 07:22PM
Yeh, Rick...somebody is looking out for me :cool2:

I've ordered a car bandage for it...I'm not going to spend $500(my deductible) and have my premiums go up as well.
Will pust some pics when the boo boo is band aided :wink:
July 20, 2012 02:55AM
Archeo-peteriX

I've ordered a car bandage for it...I'm not going to spend $500(my deductible) and have my premiums go up as well.

Straighten and painting a fender should be 150 - 200€ tops. :o
Have you asked for estimates?
I guess body work is utterly expensive over your side of the world...
July 20, 2012 07:08AM
Jose Pinto
Archeo-peteriX

Straighten and painting a fender should be 150 - 200€ tops. :o
Have you asked for estimates?
I guess body work is utterly expensive over your side of the world...

Over here, auto body work is a big racket with over inflated hours; replacement of parts that are unnecessary and gouging the insurance companies. sad smiley
July 24, 2012 06:42PM
Screw the insurance companies :stickpoke:

I'll wait until there is something worth fixing...or put another band-aid on it in 5 years :dance:
rkj
July 24, 2012 07:24PM
Archeo-peteriX
Screw the insurance companies :stickpoke:

I'll wait until there is something worth fixing...or put another band-aid on it in 5 years :dance:

Or until we school you at "auto-body work" smileys with beer
July 24, 2012 09:11PM
I could use some of those band aids for my car. Might be a notice to people who park next to me not to hit my car again.

winking smiley

Bob in Lake Havasu
July 25, 2012 04:24PM
Archeo-peteriX
Perfect. :cool2:
July 26, 2012 10:56AM
Maybe it heals by itself in time!
:popcorn:
July 26, 2012 11:28AM
Just wait for the scab to fall off, don't pull on it.

alan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login