Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Number 7 is the charm?

April 26, 2012 02:51PM
Well hello hello again.
I think the only times I post here anymore is whenever I pick up a new beauty, followed by the "why the f*** is the (blank) doing (blank)/what's wrong with my (blank)?"

But yes, I've done it again.
Inga was getting tired so I sold her to a friend who has a parts car who can help. :boohoo:

AND VOILA; lucky number 7.

My 1984 325es.

I know I know, I told myself to kick the habit; buy a car that's at least a year YOUNGER than myself for once.
But alas, one cannot just wash the E30 off like that and I jumped at the chance to snatch this.

What really drew me in, is the front end;

I ordered up my Shark # 7 Euro plate the other day. She's gonna be sharp.

Has anyone seen it like this before? It reminds me of the euros, or maybe even a halfway finished bumper tuck.
Anyone have any idea?

The only thing I can find wrong with it in general is this;

And any purist should be able to tell immediately. smileys with beer
April 26, 2012 07:12PM
I agree it is difficult to not have an E-30. Congratulations on being back in the fold.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
April 26, 2012 08:16PM
That low hanging rear section looks funky but the car should be fine, the eta is a wonderful thing... smileys with beer
April 27, 2012 03:42AM
Did you bargained it because the lack of front bumper and the "fart can" hanging in the back?
Apart from that, looks very clean!
:dance:

Best of luck with it.
April 27, 2012 12:31PM
I think they used the front bumper to make that fart can. And what's that racing stripe on the right rear light? How much extra hp does that bring?
April 27, 2012 02:57PM
bam_loves_his_bmw_325i
The only thing I can find wrong with it... any purist should be able to tell immediately.
It's missing side marker lights, and someone mounted a melon-launcher under your rear bumper?
April 27, 2012 05:00PM
Maybe you can get a few parts off that parts car you mentioned. Get back to a more conventional look and not have to get so many comments on the missing pieces.

winking smiley

Bob in Lake Havasu
April 27, 2012 08:19PM
No matter what the comments...you have an E30 which I no longer do :cry:
April 28, 2012 11:48AM
Being used to euro spec E30's, I didn't even notice the lack of side markers.

Bam, you're living in Maine? Looks like a nice area!
April 28, 2012 01:18PM
Michiel 318iS
And what's that racing stripe on the right rear light? How much extra hp does that bring?

Racing stripe? Trick of the light? Or maybe that's where that extra 50 hp is coming from.... :wink:

The melon launcher does put it off a bit but I'm not too annoyed on the front end, it's well done and it looks unique.
I've been designing some mesh inserts to cover the "grill slits" (I suppose you'd call it) just in front of the fan, just to give it a more distinctive look.

AND TO THINK I USED TO CALL MYSELF A PURIST. :doh:

Archeo-peteriX
No matter what the comments...you have an E30 which I no longer do :cry:

FEAR NOT PETER, I am sure the allure will prove too much to bear for long. smileys with beer

My best friend is taking his wrecked IX, having the 5spd trans/engine swapped into an auto IX soon, he bought his first one because of me and he's already E30 crazy.
I can't wait to see her.

Michiel 318iS
Being used to euro spec E30's, I didn't even notice the lack of side markers.

Bam, you're living in Maine? Looks like a nice area!

I don't much like the side markers anyhow, they're always burning out or cracking for no apparent reason. I'm surprised these covers are DOT approved, I used to think side markers were required.......

Maine is my favorite hidden E30 treasure trove. You can find em floatin around, pay less than 2k for a beauty and rip the endlessly scenic, twisty roads.

In fact, here's a shot of my beloved Anderson Cooper on Cadillac mountain.

It pays to take an E30 vacation in Maine.
April 28, 2012 01:42PM
bam_loves_his_bmw_325i
Racing stripe? Trick of the light? Or maybe that's where that extra 50 hp is coming from.... :wink:

I meant the tape over the middle of the right rear light.
April 30, 2012 03:15PM
Michiel 318iS
bam_loves_his_bmw_325i

I meant the tape over the middle of the right rear light.

Def a trick of the light, no tape there I could find.
April 30, 2012 04:36PM
You make a bumperless e-30 sound appealing!

http://fafe-braga.olx.pt/bmw-316i-touring-e30-iid-309654465

:whistle:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login