Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mirror adjustments....

Posted by rkj 
rkj
March 24, 2012 08:38PM
I've been having a little visibility problems with the new car (1998 528/5) and some one suggested trying this.

[www.linquist.net]

After 50 years of driving I might have it a little wrong, but, someone is always sneakin up on my right side! so does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks, Rick
March 25, 2012 08:09AM
Sure does.
It's one of the things my driving instructor harped on way back when.

I've had to adjust the mirrors on the little Toyota quite a bit farther out than I was used to on the truck because they are much smaller but I quickly got used to them thumbs up
March 25, 2012 08:48AM
All of our meetings at work start with a safety topic and this was used as one recently. I didn't act on it right away, but just in the last couple of weeks I set my mirrors like this. I like it so far. It's different not having a little of my car in the mirror as a reference point to the other things I'm seeing, but I think I do see what's beside me better.

John
rkj
March 25, 2012 03:19PM
Yeah, I've been totally schooled on this one :doh: But I must say, when I'm driving the 5er I do miss the thirty's greenhouse, it's almost as good as the 2002 cars.

Thanks for the help, Rick
March 25, 2012 04:04PM
rkj
Yeah, I've been totally schooled on this one :doh: But I must say, when I'm driving the 5er I do miss the thirty's greenhouse, it's almost as good as the 2002 cars.

Try getting used to a peanut car with a 'porta-potty' sized rear window :lol:
March 25, 2012 04:17PM
Very educational, Rick!

I have an anoying problem on the mirros of my old citroen, with wind and vibration the mirrors slowly turn to the inside, to the point I see my car on most of the mirror. I must adjust every time i am going for a longer trip... :cloud:
March 25, 2012 08:12PM
Get them set where you want them and then put a little crazy glue on the adjustment swivel. If something hits it, it will still breakaway.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
March 25, 2012 08:27PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj

Try getting used to a peanut car with a 'porta-potty' sized rear window :lol:

So, enjoying the new car then Peter?:stickpoke:
March 26, 2012 05:58PM
Yep; love it!
rkj
March 26, 2012 09:42PM
Archeo-peteriX
Yep; love it!

It's new, gotta be good :dance:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login