John
March 11, 2012 06:48PM
Gotta love picture #5.

It has a lot of cool stuff in it:
- a model cat boat
- your grand father' watch
- sponge bob square pants retarded cousin; sponge boob no pants
- and aeroplane compass
- a cool picture of the early NY Police Motorcycle Cops; better know in the force as 'motors'. I'm not certain but those motorcycles may have been Popes.
- some lip balm that was probably fresh back when poodle skirts and the hoola-hoop were popular
- the Tao of Pooh?
rkj
March 11, 2012 07:22PM
Archeo-peteriX
Gotta love picture #5.

- a model cat boat
- and aeroplane compass
- a cool picture of the early NY Police Motorcycle Cops; better know in the force as 'motors'. I'm not certain but those motorcycles may have been Popes.
- some lip balm that was probably fresh back when poodle skirts and the hoola-hoop were popular
- the Tao of Pooh?

Okay, the boat is a Gill Smith model of a local cat boat (Gill was a long island designer/builder)

Right, that's Chauncey's watch

That's a cute little doll my daughter made me for Christmas

That's one of the compass' from Athena

That picture is, I think, a collection of guys in the 30's with there bikes. Not sure of the police connection but will look closer. An old friend gave me that, I loved the whole scene, looks legit.

Hey, I just bought that lipstick!

I love the Tao of Pooh, one of my favorite books, but that one is Tao Ching by Steven Mitchell. My goal is to understand it one day.

All these things are dear, I'll take a wider shot, you'll love the oil painting above those dudes and their bikes...

In fact, lets have a contest; who can give the year make and model for it! (Hint, it's a car)

Cheers Peter
March 11, 2012 07:31PM
Bring it on winking smiley
rkj
March 11, 2012 07:48PM
Can anybody guess what this is; year, make and model?

Not the best picture, found it here on an old flashdrive...
March 11, 2012 09:06PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Gotta love picture #5.

- a model cat boat
- and aeroplane compass
- the Tao of Pooh?

Okay, the boat is a Gill Smith model of a local cat boat (Gill was a long island designer/builder)

That picture is, I think, a collection of guys in the 30's with there bikes. Not sure of the police connection but will look closer. An old friend gave me that, I loved the whole scene, looks legit.

I love the Tao of Pooh, one of my favorite books, but that one is Tao Ching by Steven Mitchell. My goal is to understand it one day.

All these things are dear, I'll take a wider shot, you'll love the oil painting above those dudes and their bikes...

In fact, lets have a contest; who can give the year make and model for it! (Hint, it's a car)

Cheers Peter

Here's a link to the 'Motors'... [www.policemotorunits.com]

I was wrong about the bikes; they were actually Indians as seen in the newspaper clip in the link.
March 11, 2012 09:55PM
1938 Cord?
rkj
March 11, 2012 10:13PM
Archeo-peteriX
1938 Cord?

Nope, but you're close on the year Peter. It was my brothers car and he did the painting.
rkj
March 11, 2012 10:18PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Gotta love picture #5.

- a model cat boat
- and aeroplane compass
- the Tao of Pooh?

Cheers Peter

Here's a link to the 'Motors'... [www.policemotorunits.com]

I was wrong about the bikes; they were actually Indians as seen in the newspaper clip in the link.

Great link Peter, thanks
March 12, 2012 03:42AM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
1938 Cord?

Nope, but you're close on the year Peter. It was my brothers car and he did the painting.

The split screen design tells it's from late '30 or early '40, but I don't know that much about American cars from that era to guess.
March 12, 2012 11:49AM
Love the driving gloves.
March 12, 2012 06:38PM
1936 Ford

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
March 12, 2012 08:11PM
Bob in Everett
1936 Ford

You got the year, but....... another hint; it's got a flip out windsheild (from the bottom smiling smiley
March 12, 2012 10:24PM
It could be a couple different cars with that windshield. My dad had a pickup that had a windshield that would tilt out at the bottom. It was what passed for air conditioning in those days.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
March 13, 2012 12:01PM
Bob in Everett
It could be a couple different cars with that windshield. My dad had a pickup that had a windshield that would tilt out at the bottom. It was what passed for air conditioning in those days.

It is a car, a revolutionary one at the time. I don't think it sold well either. That flip out windshield was the coolest thing, I had it on my powerwagon too. Remember, 1936. :wavey:
March 13, 2012 06:02PM
Chrysler Air-Flow?
March 13, 2012 06:40PM
How about Fraizer or Kaiser-Fraizer?

The shape of the windshield lower edge reminds me of the 1947 my dad had.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
March 13, 2012 07:15PM
Archeo-peteriX
Chrysler Air-Flow?

Give that man a cigar :bow:
March 14, 2012 08:27AM
rkj
March 14, 2012 08:28AM
Bob in Everett
How about Fraizer or Kaiser-Fraizer?

The shape of the windshield lower edge reminds me of the 1947 my dad had.

Those shapes, those wonderful shapes.
March 14, 2012 11:35AM
Jose Pinto
[en.wikipedia.org]

:cool2:

Awesome!!!

Cheers, Kelly - who claims to be alive occationally
How goes the career? Has the business picked up at all?
March 15, 2012 04:29AM
Kelly

:cool2:

Awesome!!!

Cheers, Kelly - who claims to be alive occationally[/quote]

Hi Kelly!

I'm glad you took some time from enjoying your cabrio to check in here and say hello!
:dance:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login