Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I guess I dodged a bullet...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
December 09, 2011 09:31PM
was seriously looking at the Ford Fiesta.

Just heard that they are all being recalled because, apparently, the wheels can fall off!

Job 1 mas asterisk :lol:
December 10, 2011 03:57AM
Is it lug nuts or axle stubs? Eh, they will fix it.

At least it is not the Chevy Volt debacle.

alan
December 10, 2011 06:23AM
Archeo-peteriX
Just heard that they are all being recalled because, apparently, the wheels can fall off!
Where did you hear that? It hasn't been reported in any of the car blogs I frequent, or in the news, and a Google search just turned up "There are No Ford Fiesta Recalls on file for all Years."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2011 06:25AM by Dave_G.
December 10, 2011 08:58AM
Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX
Where did you hear that? It hasn't been reported in any of the car blogs I frequent, or in the news, and a Google search just turned up "There are No Ford Fiesta Recalls on file for all Years."

It was reported here last evening on the Global Television Network.
I didn't see it myself; my wife and daughter told me I was lucky I had gotten the Toyota instead.
As Alan suggested, it has something to do with the lugs.

Just did a search; it was the Fusion model not the Fiesta. My wife just knew it started with an 'F' and thought it might have ben the Fiesta.

As for Fiesta recalls; I found 13.
December 10, 2011 11:05AM
The news article I heard sounded like it was the lug bolts that break off. This would be due to a poor choice of materials or faulty processing. One would think that the driver would notice a missing one before it got to the point they all came off.

Bob in Lake Havasu
December 10, 2011 01:11PM
Hah! I was quite sure this couldn't happen on a Fiesta, as we've tested it on that. Many many times!

The Fusion I have nothing to do with it, that a US product, we all know that is inferior quality (actually, that isn't true, drove a Fusion once and I was quite surprised).
January 01, 2012 11:37AM
Has this proven to be a reliable car?

How is the handling with the stock package?
The EU Fiesta is quite a good car and handles very well (recent EU Fords have a lovely tendency for controlable oversteer right when you want it, if you manage to switch the ESC off), a bit to hard for the non car lovers. Haven't got much experience with the US set up Fiesta. The US set up Focus is fun but not as fast as the EU Focus (4dr has more mass behind the rear wheels, a more comfort oriented suspension and the US tyres are not that grippy).
Thanks,

The Echo has given me a taste of small car zip and nimble handling.
I'm just curious how the competition compares :biggrin:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login