Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I might keep the S-10 a while longer...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
August 20, 2011 01:35PM
Now that I've become quite intimate with the little beast; I'm finding myself more comfortable with it, in spite of it's age.

Today, I got around to investigating a big clunk on the front driver side that sounded like a really loose caliper.
It didn't take long to discover that the problem wasn't the caliper...it was a disintegrated sway bar link that had lost the bottom portion due to rust and rubbing on the A frame.

I searched on line and ePrey but couldn't find anything that was reasonably priced. Dropped into my local Canadian Tire Store and they had the cheap Chinese part as well as a genuine Moog one. So, for less than $20 including taxes, I got the Moog.

It took me about an hour to take what was left of the old rusted one out and 5 minutes to install the new one!
No skinned knuckles; no cursing and no mess...gotta be a first winking smiley

I guess I'll find out of the steering is any different or better when I head to work on Monday.

The only other known issues I have yet to deal with are the loose steering u-joint and the wiper control module. The steering shaft is just a part I will have to buy and replace but the wiper module should be covered under a TSB that recalled original owners about an updated module that supposedly fixed the problems.

On my wish list is to replace the bench seat with the more comfortable and adjustable semi buckets.
That is a problem with cars. Once a person invests some time and money in them, he gets attached to his investment. Not a bad thing though. Cars are like a magic carpet that can take you places and carry your stuff. They even keep you warm in winter and dry in the rain.

And, when you stop, they don't fall over like a motorcycle does.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
Bob in Everett
That is a problem with cars. Once a person invests some time and money in them, he gets attached to his investment. Not a bad thing though. Cars are like a magic carpet that can take you places and carry your stuff. They even keep you warm in winter and dry in the rain.

And, when you stop, they don't fall over like a motorcycle does.

And don;t forget Bob, the car can take a motorcycle on the trailer to some mighty important woods for a totally good time :wavey:

August 21, 2011 08:58PM
Taking a motorcycle for a ride in the woods is a great way to have some fun. I like that much better than the 3 and 4 wheel toys.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
August 23, 2011 06:25PM
Bob in Everett
Taking a motorcycle for a ride in the woods is a great way to have some fun. I like that much better than the 3 and 4 wheel toys.

Really thumbs up I've always been partial to the two wheel variety too smileys with beer
August 23, 2011 06:50PM
rkj
Bob in Everett

Really thumbs up I've always been partial to the two wheel variety too smileys with beer

While fun; they are not too practical for hauling stuff :mrgreen:

I've been thinking that since the world is going to end in late December 2012; I should just find a nice E30 Touring to haul stuff and still have a decent set of wheels.
If I could find one of the 318i models that would be perfect...not an iX but the next best thing winking smiley
rkj
August 24, 2011 06:43PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Bob in Everett

While fun; they are not too practical for hauling stuff :mrgreen:

I've been thinking that since the world is going to end in late December 2012; I should just find a nice E30 Touring to haul stuff and still have a decent set of wheels.
If I could find one of the 318i models that would be perfect...not an iX but the next best thing winking smiley

318 touring?, that's right, you guys get cars we don't see here, right?

I almost talked Janet into a 95 318ti the other day.... soooo close :pray:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login