Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old car got stolen

Posted by Jose Pinto 
June 14, 2011 03:36AM
My old car has been stolen from where it was parked, outside my work.
:cloud:
It had no "market vvalue" but it was my car and i liked it, now is gone.
Police say they may recover it as they seldom do, chances are someone took it for a ride and parked it somewhere far away.

Now it's official, my life is at an all time worst.
June 14, 2011 06:13PM
That sucks... What kind of car?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
June 15, 2011 03:37AM
The Citroen BX16TRS:

[s81.photobucket.com]

Have to post adds on the net, it probably is parked somewhere away from my sight, and will be there for months untill people starts to wonder why that car never leaves...
Police is not going to do much about it, just list the plate as stolen/missing, and wait till it shows at some accident, parked on the wrong place or something.

:wall:
rkj
June 15, 2011 08:42PM
Jose Pinto
The Citroen BX16TRS:

[s81.photobucket.com]

Have to post adds on the net, it probably is parked somewhere away from my sight, and will be there for months untill people starts to wonder why that car never leaves...
Police is not going to do much about it, just list the plate as stolen/missing, and wait till it shows at some accident, parked on the wrong place or something.

:wall:

Very sorry to hear this Jose, looks like a nice car. I used to sell Citroens here in new york, loved the SM.

The police don't do much around here either, have you tried searching?

Regards, Rick
June 16, 2011 10:42AM
rkj

Very sorry to hear this Jose, looks like a nice car. I used to sell Citroens here in new york, loved the SM.

The police don't do much around here either, have you tried searching?

Regards, Rick

THE CAR WAS RECOVERED BY THE POLICE! ALELUIA!
smiling bouncing smiley

It was used for a joyride, one gearlinkage snaped and they fried the clutch, and bumped into something braking a headlight and front bumper.
Some objects are missing from the interior, my toolbox, an old children seat (?), a digital camera, home keys and a bluetooth GPS.
At least I recovered it and it's not too damaged, i'm waitning an estimate from the mechanic to know the full extension of the damage.

BTW, this car has similar suspension and brakes like the SM, but not the V6 engine and the rare style body.
Anyway, I am seriously considering top retire it and get something smaller, newer, simpler, cheaper...
June 16, 2011 10:47AM
Jose Pinto
smaller, newer, simpler, cheaper...

I smell a few contradictions there...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
June 16, 2011 12:19PM
Well, the BX isn't a simple car. It's suspension is quite different to what most other vehicles have, see here.

I've always liked the fact that Citroën dares to do things differently, in design and mechanically. Though to complicated for average Joe, I like this.
June 17, 2011 05:20AM
Michiel 318iS
Well, the BX isn't a simple car. It's suspension is quite different to what most other vehicles have, see here.

Apart from the suspension, the BX is a straightforward simple car. Despite it's size (similar to an e36) it is very lightweight.
But the suspension system is now old, ant all those tubes and valves and spheres and regulators are a handful at times.

Michiel 318iS
I've always liked the fact that Citroën dares to do things differently, in design and mechanically. Though to complicated for average Joe, I like this.

Those interior designs were abandoned in late 80's, the market wasn't reacting very well. Compare those with the classic design and clean dash from the 2002 and e21!
The Citroen is 180º from BMW, Citroen is inovative (has been more) and BMW constantly improves classic design and concepts.

Regards,
JP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login