Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E-30 PIcnic at Le May Museum

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
May 26, 2011 07:13PM
The annual gathering of E-30 cars and owners is only 4 weeks away on June 26. Last year it was a blast. Even Satch Carlson, editor of Roundel magazine was there.

It will be at the Marymount facility, 325 152nd Street East, Tacoma, Wa 98445. Lots of room to park your entry if it is an E-30. Lots of room to park if you just want to see a bunch of E-30 cars in one place. Discounts on museum entry for participants.

I plan to be there. More details on the Puget Sound BMW CCA website.

Bob in Lake Havasu
May 27, 2011 04:03AM
Sounds like a fun event!

Please keep us posted...
smileys with beer
May 27, 2011 07:47PM
Last year's event was featured in Roundel magazine. Maybe the August edition.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Attachments:
open | download - roundel picnic issue.JPG (136.3 KB)
May 30, 2011 11:08AM
Wait what?! You were there last year Bob?
I'm thinking of heading up there again. Been the last twO years and it was awesome. Even if it's not your thing, it's worth going at least once to see the well taking care of, the survivors, and making fun of the ricer ones smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
May 30, 2011 05:33PM
Earendil
Wait what?! You were there last year Bob?
I'm thinking of heading up there again. Been the last twO years and it was awesome. Even if it's not your thing, it's worth going at least once to see the well taking care of, the survivors, and making fun of the ricer ones smiling smiley

Wish I had the docs to cross the border or I would show up just to torture myself winking smiley

Take lots of pics and make me want another E30 more than sex!
May 30, 2011 07:21PM
Driving the E-30 is almost as good as s_x and lasts a lot longer. Costs less too.

Bob in Lake Havasu
May 30, 2011 07:34PM
I have attended the past two years. Did not exhibit the first year but had my spare cabrio at the LeMay event last year. Had a for sale sign on it. The guy who had the car with the E-36 M motor conversion featured there is a friend of my son. He provides me parts from some part outs that he has done.

I plan to attend again this year. Not sure which car to take this year. My daily driver has 206,000 miles and the spare has 68,000 miles.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Attachments:
open | download - 100_2633.jpg (247.8 KB)
June 26, 2011 09:41PM
Hey Tyler,
Glad you found me at the picnic. Good to meet you in person.
You must have made it home before I did.

Bob in Lake Havasu
June 27, 2011 11:06AM
Bob in Everett
Hey Tyler,

"home", oh dear. Actually, I stuck around for almost all of the tech talks before someone called me wanting to buy my OEM radio. So I went over and talked to him. I came back for the raffle long enough to realize I hadn't won anything, and then skipped out right before the raffle ended. I looked around the crowd a little bit to see if you were still lingering around, but didn't see you. Girlfriend had a headache and I was feeling exhausted so we got out of there before the traffic got bad (I was parked right in the middle of everyone). She has attended the picnic with all 3 of the years I've gone, she's a trooper for still only being a girlfriend smiling smiley

So we took off a bit early, but after dinner, hanging out, and a game of pinochle with friends, I didn't end up completing my 5 hour drive from Seattle to home until 3am. So I really hope that you beat me "home".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 27, 2011 08:19PM
The reason I thought you must have been home was that your profile said that your last activity was 6:13. I must have miss read it.

Got a really nice birthday gift from the whole family....see attached.

Been wanting one for years. Hey what is up with selling the stock radio. Did not know you had parts for sale.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Attachments:
open | download - windscreen.jpg (19.4 KB)
June 28, 2011 04:11AM
Bob in Everett
Hey Tyler,

Your meeting can be counted as a BEN forum meeting, the users here seldom meet each other in person...

Did any of you made good pictures, or anyone you know?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 28, 2011 07:55AM
Jose Pinto
Bob in Everett
Hey Tyler,

Your meeting can be counted as a BEN forum meeting, the users here seldom meet each other in person...

Did any of you made good pictures, or anyone you know?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I had my brother leaning out the window taking a few on the way up. But I didn't take any pictures this year that weren't for education and reference sake (mostly the inside of Pro3 cars). But many other people did, and they will surely be posted here:
[www.r3vlimited.com]

The 4 Types of photos you'll see will be
Traveling to events
Picnic and tech talks
Saturday night party
Driving tour after picnic

And you are unlikely to see my car show up, though I have spotted at least one photo of it in the pile of photos I linked to.

June 28, 2011 09:35PM
Here is the link to the pictures.

[www.bmwpugetsound.com]

Bob in Lake Havasu
June 29, 2011 10:32AM
Bob in Everett
The reason I thought you must have been home was that your profile said that your last activity was 6:13. I must have miss read it.

Your eyes probably didn't deceive you. I'm one of those guys that is rarely parted from his technology, and as such I carry an iPhone with me everywhere. Whenever someone posts to a thread here that I'm subscribed to, an email informing me of it arrives in my pocket within seconds. I am likely to read a post right then and there, but a lot less likely to use my phone to respond.

Nice!

Been wanting one for years. Hey what is up with selling the stock radio. Did not know you had parts for sale.

When I bought my car the PO had installed an aftermarket stereo, but he gave me the OEM radio. When I bought my parts car it also had an OEM radio, and I kept the radio when I sold off what was left of the parts car. I had intended to perhaps do something with them, or make sure that they still worked, but I never did. They sat as heavy (and I mean heavy!) paper weights in my closet, hardly worth the shipping it would take to sell them.

In another one of those cool E30 stories, there was a young guy there that had installed a stereo system that was completely behind the scenes. All he wanted was an OEM head unit to turn the system on, and adjust the volume. All the amplification and other adjustments were taken care of my hidden hardware. He wanted that OEM look, so I gave him the disclaimer that I wasn't sure they worked, and gave him both for $20. He hoped to piece together out of the two of them enough of the components required to do what he wanted. I hope it works out for him.

My own car is becoming more and more stripped out, and even my aftermarket stereo will likely be pulled out soon. All the rear speakers and the aftermarket bass that came with the car have been removed.

June 29, 2011 08:44PM
[www.bmwpugetsound.com]

Bob in Lake Havasu
August 08, 2011 10:05AM
undertakers
Bob in Everett

I stuck around for almost all of the tech talks before someone called me wanting to buy my OEM radio. So I went over and talked to him. I came back for the raffle long enough to realize I hadn't won anything, and then skipped out right before the raffle ended. I looked around the crowd a little bit to see if you were still lingering around, but didn't see you. Girlfriend had a headache and I was feeling exhausted so we got out of there before the traffic got bad (I was parked right in the middle of everyone). She has attended the picnic with all 3 of the years I've gone, she's a trooper for still only being a girlfriend

-----------------------------------------------------
iphone5 caseleather ipad2 caseipad cases

Is this a spammer? Or a new member that had an error happen?
What "Undertakers" said is what I said on June 27, 2011 11:06AM verbatim, but with a few sentences clipped out.

August 08, 2011 10:21AM
It is spam, see the link at the bottom. Same as the Steptronic post...
August 09, 2011 04:53AM
Michiel 318iS
It is spam, see the link at the bottom. Same as the Steptronic post...

The bots get more and more sophisticated!
:cloud:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login