Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ice racing

Posted by Dave_G 
March 16, 2011 07:50AM
My friend Jeff, who does ice racing over in northern New York State, just sent me a link to this cool video that was show recently on Speed TV: http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/ice-racing

I've never run these events (despite Jeff's best attempts to get me over there), but I love this video. I think it does a good job of capturing what is great about grassroots motorsports, in this case in an unusual venue.

The main reason I have never done these races is that the street-legal class in which I would run requires unstudded tires, and my regular tires have street studs. But I'm just thinking now that for next winter, maybe a second set of unstudded tires may be on the agenda. :smile:

March 17, 2011 07:35AM
Dave_G
My friend Jeff, who does ice racing over in northern New York State, just sent me a link to this cool video that was show recently on Speed TV: http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/ice-racing

I've never run these events (despite Jeff's best attempts to get me over there), but I love this video. I think it does a good job of capturing what is great about grassroots motorsports, in this case in an unusual venue.

The main reason I have never done these races is that the street-legal class in which I would run requires unstudded tires, and my regular tires have street studs. But I'm just thinking now that for next winter, maybe a second set of unstudded tires may be on the agenda. :smile:

Looks like fun racing that won't cost you a fortune thumbs up
March 17, 2011 05:44PM
All I saw was a lotta advertizing signs on some strange looking wheeled vehicles, a bunch of guys with questionable head gear(fashion wise) and a Saab from the early 60s that I love...3 cylinder, 2 cycle with a free wheel feature smiling smiley

Although I hate winter, cold and snow; it looks like fun anyway smiling smiley

Thanks for sharing that :cool2:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login