Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I am amazed at what I don't find in the drain pan grinning smiley

Posted by rkj 
rkj
Today, like always, after I drain my oil into a clean metal pan I do a visual check on what's in the old oil. I'm amazed at the cleanliness of the old stuff. My car has over 22k on the clock, still pulls factory compression, get around 23 mpg and still runs hard and feels great. I'm still amazed at what I don't find in the drain pan :biggrin:

perseverance furthers
That's quality with a Q! As long as one respects good stuff, it'll last long.
rkj
Michiel 318iS
That's quality with a Q! As long as one respects good stuff, it'll last long.

Yup, that's what I'm hoping :wavey:
Since the filter is there, a lot of things that might be in the bottom of the pan could be in the filter.

I find my oil is also clean and the pan also when I took that off too.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Automatic transmission will give you a lot of little things to look at in the bottom of the pan.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
Today, like always, after I drain my oil into a clean metal pan I do a visual check on what's in the old oil. I'm amazed at the cleanliness of the old stuff. My car has over 22k on the clock, still pulls factory compression, get around 23 mpg and still runs hard and feels great. I'm still amazed at what I don't find in the drain pan :biggrin:

Really? Nothing? I usually find my drain plug in there grinning smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
rkj
Earendil
rkj

Really? Nothing? I usually find my drain plug in there grinning smiley

Yup, me too. This time only the gasket went in though :wink:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login