Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daytona 500

Posted by rkj 
rkj
February 20, 2011 12:49PM
This Sunday I just started the wood stove and have watched the 500 this afternoon. It's not my style of racing but you've gotta respect the speed if nothing else. It's also the first race of the season; a great sign of spring and warmer weather :heart: to come.

The new surface is permitting this crazy full time draft thing, jeepers, I can't imagine going 200 mph with someone on your bumper! :burnout: so they're racing in pairs this year.....
rkj
February 20, 2011 01:54PM
I wonder what those Toyota Indy cars are?
rkj
February 20, 2011 04:45PM
What a finish! Trevor showed a lot of heart and drove a great race :clap:
February 23, 2011 09:58PM
It is pretty phenomenal what can happen if one avoids trouble and just keeps doing what it takes. Hard to imagine 200 mph myself. Seeing the slo-mo shots of those that got crossways always amazes me what a car will do at that speed.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
March 03, 2011 02:44PM
Bob in Everett
It is pretty phenomenal what can happen if one avoids trouble and just keeps doing what it takes. Hard to imagine 200 mph myself. Seeing the slo-mo shots of those that got crossways always amazes me what a car will do at that speed.

Seeing those guys go head to toe at 200 mph is just silly, I can't understand how they can even do it and when cars start getting out of shape at that speed. Holy Crap, it's amazing any of them live to tell the tale.

Many years ago when I was doing grey market cars my friend and I made a visit to a friend, then an up and coming rookie driver from our area in new york. His whole family moved down south and set up shop. We where treated to visits to a few different shops and we stopped in to see A.J Foyt on our way down to Texas where we were working at the time. He was not in that day but were treated well at his dealership. Lots of fun smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login