Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I heart Bilstein

Posted by Dave_G 
January 26, 2011 05:51AM
An unfortunate after-effect of last weekend's rally was discovering yesterday that both my rear shocks (Bilstein HD) were blown. The roads weren't that bad, but there were a few frost heaves and bumps that made the suspension do its job. Nothing cringe-inducing, but enough to get your attention. The shocks are less than a year old and have about 8000 miles on them. So why am I still a Bilstein fan? Because I called them up this morning, told them the problem, and without any hassle beyond confirming my address, they're shipping out a replacement pair this morning. That's the way customer service should be! :clap:

Oh yeah, and their shocks are really good, too. :smile:

January 26, 2011 03:37PM
They did right, unfortunately not everybody is as honest as they should anymore...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
rkj
January 26, 2011 04:55PM
Dave_G
An unfortunate after-effect of last weekend's rally was discovering yesterday that both my rear shocks (Bilstein HD) were blown. The roads weren't that bad, but there were a few frost heaves and bumps that made the suspension do its job. Nothing cringe-inducing, but enough to get your attention. The shocks are less than a year old and have about 8000 miles on them. So why am I still a Bilstein fan? Because I called them up this morning, told them the problem, and without any hassle beyond confirming my address, they're shipping out a replacement pair this morning. That's the way customer service should be! :clap:

Oh yeah, and their shocks are really good, too. :smile:

I had a front one seize up on me 100 miles from home in the 323. Guess I should've called them! I thought them a bit hard anyway....

Rick
January 26, 2011 05:14PM
rkj
I thought them a bit hard anyway....
That's not "hard," that's "sporty." :wink:

January 26, 2011 06:23PM
Dave_G
rkj
I thought them a bit hard anyway....
That's not "hard," that's "sporty." :wink:

I think those were a little more "sporty" than usual though. That car was super stiff :blinkey:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login