Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

S10 does not equal iX thumbs down

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
January 08, 2011 04:04PM
I was out and about this afternoon and came over a slight rise in the road to be confronted with a wheel swallowing pot hole. Completely forgetting I wasn't driving the iX, I made the appropriate maneuver ... wrong thing to do in an S10 eye popping smiley

The truck reacted quickly enough but the rear end doesn't snap back in behind the front end like an E30. I used up quite a bit of extra pavement to settle the oscillating beast back into a straight line in the right lane.

Fortunately there were no other cars close by so it wasn't really dangerous; just a little unsettling.

I'll definitely remember this for next time :redface:
January 08, 2011 09:29PM
Probably had lots of body roll too. Having driven old GM iron for most of my adult driving, I know of what you speak. The BMW handles so well that I have become spoiled. The 67 Camaro used to feel like a sports car, but now, it is a nice collectible antique that does not get driven much.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
January 09, 2011 06:38AM
Archeo-peteriX
I was out and about this afternoon and came over a slight rise in the road to be confronted with a wheel swallowing pot hole. Completely forgetting I wasn't driving the iX, I made the appropriate maneuver ... wrong thing to do in an S10 eye popping smiley

The truck reacted quickly enough but the rear end doesn't snap back in behind the front end like an E30. I used up quite a bit of extra pavement to settle the oscillating beast back into a straight line in the right lane.

Fortunately there were no other cars close by so it wasn't really dangerous; just a little unsettling.

I'll definitely remember this for next time :redface:

Good thing you had room Peter, that could have been nasty. This is why, when I put myself on the roads with all kinds of silly drivers and road conditions, I want to be in the best possible platform...

Rick
January 18, 2011 11:04AM
Makes the heart beat, the adrenaline comes up, you feel you're alive!
rkj
January 18, 2011 02:55PM
Michiel 318iS
Makes the heart beat, the adrenaline comes up, you feel you're alive!

Right you are; Elinor Roosevelt said if you're not taking any risks you're probably dead (I'm paraphrasing), maybe, what is life without risk? (not much). :rally:
January 24, 2011 10:16AM
for a moment I though you were refering to some e30 M3...
Then I remembered you drive a truck now.
:whistle:
OTH, your current ride can carry much more tools and wood than the iX could!
January 24, 2011 05:48PM
And the S10 is getting over 32mpg(IMP) vs 22mpg for the iX!
Gasoline is going up almost daily here as well. Although not as bad as Europe; it is bad enough that we all know we are being gouged for more 'taxes' :furious:
rkj
January 24, 2011 08:54PM
Archeo-peteriX
And the S10 is getting over 32mpg(IMP) vs 22mpg for the iX!
Gasoline is going up almost daily here as well. Although not as bad as Europe; it is bad enough that we all know we are being gouged for more 'taxes' :furious:

Hey Peter

I know you're busy but anyway to convert your figures to my gallons/usa-mpg? For both the truck and the IX please.

Gas has been going up here too, and fuel oil is also on the rise, I just paid almost six bucks a gallon for kerosene. That shocked me, and that's for a wimpy us gallon!

Thanks, Rick
January 25, 2011 11:21AM
I'm currently paying 1.22 € for a liter of diesel (and that's a cheaper pump, 1.358 € according to a petrol station site), petrol prices are 1.50-1.60 €/l for 95-98 RON.

Going 1100 kms/week, it costs quite a bit!
January 25, 2011 11:23AM
January 25, 2011 04:22PM
Michiel 318iS
I'm currently paying 1.22 € for a liter of diesel (and that's a cheaper pump, 1.358 € according to a petrol station site), petrol prices are 1.50-1.60 €/l for 95-98 RON.

Going 1100 kms/week, it costs quite a bit!

About the same prices we have here, and i must drive about 300km/week.
Las year I spent about 4000€ in gasoline, and prices went up some 20%.
:furious:
January 25, 2011 05:12PM
Rick,

Here is a neat little calculator that you might want to save for future use...
[www.markporthouse.net]

Just fill in the numbers I gave and out comes the conversion smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login