Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E-30 picnic a great success

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
June 24, 2012 08:41PM
Looked like over 200 E-30s from all over the west. The weather was great. No rain all day. Lots of fantastic prizes. One prize was a paint job for an E-30 from Haury's.
Got lots of compliments on my cabrio.

Probably be some pictures on the puget sound BMW CCA website.

Bob in Lake Havasu
June 24, 2012 09:40PM
That must have been a sight; 200 E-30s all in one place :cool:
June 25, 2012 09:42AM
I looked for you sitting next to one of your Black verts but never did see you. I would have needed the combination of you and the car though, I don't think I'd recognize either of you two if you were separated. It was wonderful weather. Sadly, the Saturday Portland crew ended up driving 3 hours in the rain, never saw a dry moment the entire drive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
June 25, 2012 06:58PM
Sorry I did not see you. I was not hanging around the car all that much as I had signed up for the museum tour and it took longer than expected...lots of cool stuff to see.
My wife and brother were setting next to the car in some canvas chairs most of the time. you might have seen them. She said that there were lots of people admiring the car. Had the one with the new top and the repainted fender. It was close to a big tree and next to a white 318 cabrio that had brown interior under the tree.

I did not win the new wheels in the raffel again this year. Pretty funny that the guy that did win did not know that he won four wheels, he thought it was only one.

To bad about the rain on Saturday. I stayed home and tried to clean op the car and kept having to duck into the house as some thunder showers came by. We had over .66 inches of rain. Sunday was sure nice though.

Bob in Lake Havasu
June 25, 2012 07:00PM
Peter,
You really need to come see this event next year. There were not many for sale this year. I think the prices are going up.

Bob

Bob in Lake Havasu
June 26, 2012 02:38AM
Are there pictures anywhere?
Must have been quite an event!
:cool2:
June 26, 2012 07:47AM
Jose Pinto
Are there pictures anywhere?
Must have been quite an event!
:cool2:

Lots of them! People are posting them here. Lots of armature shots, but there are some decent photographers that put their stuff up as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2012 07:48AM by Earendil.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login