Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's wrong in this picture?

Posted by Michiel 318iS 
March 15, 2011 02:22PM

I know, the title gives it away, felt to share anyway.
March 15, 2011 08:53PM
Wrong? I'm not the one driving it?

Honestly, I didn't see it, I had to go to the main website and look at the article. It looks wrong now that I know what I'm looking for smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
March 16, 2011 06:08AM
Michiel 318iS

What kind of person drives an M3 and can't afford proper tires for it?!
I hope he stays off the gas and easy on brakes!
rkj
March 18, 2011 05:22AM
Michiel 318iS

Okay, I give up. Outside of it's not Tyler at the wheel, What's wrong with this?
March 18, 2011 09:21AM
rkj
Michiel 318iS

Okay, I give up. Outside of it's not Tyler at the wheel, What's wrong with this?

Wide wheels at the front, narrow int he back.
I couldn't figure it out from the picture also, but i read the story posted where the picture came from.
March 18, 2011 09:27AM
Jose Pinto
rkj
Michiel 318iS

Wide wheels at the front, narrow int he back.
I couldn't figure it out from the picture also, but i read the story posted where the picture came from.

Right. The E90 M3 has staggered wheels stock. It looks like the owner took it to the local tire shop and told them to rotate them, and the shop did it :wall:
It's most noticeable when you lok at how the tire lines up with the fender, instead of trying to look at the width at road level. See here for a little better lineup of tire and fender.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
March 18, 2011 07:09PM
Maybe it's one of those new FWD BMWs :stickpoke:
March 18, 2011 07:28PM
Hmm, it looks like a Ca plate and he's in the HOV lane by my house. It could very well be the shop I get my tires from. They were recently sold. Last week I went in for new tires on my wife's dd. I noticed that the LR wheel cylinder was leaking so after getting the new tires on, I went and bought a new wheel cylinder. When I went to remvoe the rear tire, the lugs were so tight I snapped two of them off. Took the car back and they installed 5 new wheel lug studs.

alan
rkj
March 19, 2011 08:24PM
alanrw
Hmm, it looks like a Ca plate and he's in the HOV lane by my house. It could very well be the shop I get my tires from. They were recently sold. Last week I went in for new tires on my wife's dd. I noticed that the LR wheel cylinder was leaking so after getting the new tires on, I went and bought a new wheel cylinder. When I went to remvoe the rear tire, the lugs were so tight I snapped two of them off. Took the car back and they installed 5 new wheel lug studs.

alan

Guys and their impact guns! Idiots, eye popping smiley
March 19, 2011 09:38PM
Those guys and their tools are the reason so many folks think they have warped rotors and the reason so many rotors are turned when they don't need to be.
In every case where I have gotten a car back that has had the wheels off, there is always a little brake pulsation and in every case, it has been relieved by adjusting the lugs to proper torque. Fortunately, I never suffered a broken stud smiling smiley
rkj
March 20, 2011 10:23AM
Archeo-peteriX
Those guys and their tools are the reason so many folks think they have warped rotors and the reason so many rotors are turned when they don't need to be.
In every case where I have gotten a car back that has had the wheels off, there is always a little brake pulsation and in every case, it has been relieved by adjusting the lugs to proper torque. Fortunately, I never suffered a broken stud smiling smiley

If I have to have the wheels put on away from home I'm very clear on what I want as to how tight they should be... I stand there with the small factory lug wrench in my hands and go over them right there, at the place... Yes, I've been stranded :furious: never again!

Dumb guys and their air wrenches...
March 20, 2011 10:36AM
Yeah, the guy says our impact wrenches are precision calibrated to 90 psi. I asked how could 5 lug bolts seize on the studs if they weren't overtighted and the studs galled. He looks at me and says (without blinking) "It looks like the metal crystalized. I replied, "I guess I must have slept thru the nuclear blast that crystalized the LR lug studs but isn't it amazing how precision the strike capability is these days? They can focus on one wheel and leave the other 3 unscathed".

winking smiley

alan
March 21, 2011 01:10PM
What a dumb *ss... That metal has liquified, not crystalised! And as he says it, all cars should have the nuts tightened to the same amount of torque? And isn't torque expressed in Nm or ft-lb instead of psi?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login