Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tire comparison drive

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
August 26, 2016 08:58AM
Volunteered yesterday at the Oktoberfest event Michelin sponsored. It was a new M3 with Michelin Pilot Sport III tires on a autocross type track with a wet section for two laps then an identical M3 with some other brand high performance tires for two laps. I was pretty amazed at the difference in feel of the car and how well planted it felt with the Michelin tires compared to the others.
Not sure if there were any variances in how the tires were inflated or not.

Bob in Lake Havasu
August 26, 2016 10:45AM
Bob in Everett
Volunteered yesterday at the Oktoberfest event Michelin sponsored. It was a new M3 with Michelin Pilot Sport III tires on a autocross type track with a wet section for two laps then an identical M3 with some other brand high performance tires for two laps. I was pretty amazed at the difference in feel of the car and how well planted it felt with the Michelin tires compared to the others.
Not sure if there were any variances in how the tires were inflated or not.

Pilot Sport 3 are awesome in wet conditions. I have had a few sets of those.
Pilot Sport 4 are also available now.
August 28, 2016 02:34PM
And driver influence... You can make a car look real bad just by driving differently.
August 28, 2016 08:10PM
Since I was driving on both sets of tires in turn, I could tell the difference immediately. The "instructor" had to keep telling me to push the other tire as hard as I had the Michelin but it felt uncomfortable. The Michelin just felt more control and response.

Bob in Lake Havasu
August 29, 2016 02:31PM
OK, somehow I missed the fact that you drove yourself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login