Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A car that runs on salt water....

Posted by rkj 
rkj
January 06, 2015 02:08PM
Could this be the answer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 02:09PM by rkj.
January 06, 2015 02:47PM
rkj
Could this be the answer?

They guy behind it is a smooth talker, but they haven't really manage to show that the technology works.
January 07, 2015 02:54AM
It works, but is not cheap to build.
:/

A sign of the times, they make a supercar out of it, and not some mid-sized car to be accessible and used by common people.
:hitwithrock:
January 07, 2015 03:16AM
Jose Pinto
It works, but is not cheap to build.
:/

A sign of the times, they make a supercar out of it, and not some mid-sized car to be accessible and used by common people.
:hitwithrock:

That is acually a smart strategy. When the technology is new, it is too expensive for most people, but as a supercar,
rich people a willing to pay for it. That way the company can finance the product development. Just look at Tesla, how
they have done it exactly that way, and they are now planning a model 3 for normal people.
January 07, 2015 04:16AM
Well, that's a prototype anyway. I don't think it will become available with those specs.

The Tesla Roadster had 1/4th the power, and was fine.
It sold 2450 units, for the kind of car i think it's an excellent figure!

This "Qantum e" would be no less of a supercar if it had half the power, IMHO. They want to shock people with figures in a completely new level for electric cars.

I wish they can get those flow-cells working and available to the public, there are lot's of applications for the technology other than the ultimate get away car.
grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login