Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Right turn oversteer.

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
October 11, 2013 05:21PM
It may be time for some new bushings in my rear suspension. I have noticed that I seem to have some oversteer when I turn right but not noticable when turning left. Also get some minor shimmy when applying brakes. Already changed the front brake disks so might be tie rod ends or just the wear in the rack. Looks like I need to spen some quality time under the car. How much trouble are these trailing arm bushings to change?

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 11, 2013 10:00PM
I wish Ove was still here because I have no idea what to tell you sad smiley
October 12, 2013 02:19PM
Something is loose or out of spec...
At the yearly inspection they test the suspension and is a good chance to diagnose suspension problems without paying extra...
Or have the underside of the car clean and treated for the winter, and while the car is raised and clean go see how things look like.

As you said, check the bushings, they may have some play but you have to jack the wheel and use a lever to move the wheel sideways.
Check the suspension assembly for play, the shock absorber may be bad.
Shake the car up and down while looking from below, you may see something unusual or abnormal.

Wear in the steering rack probably wouldn't cause understeer on one side only, I have plenty of that... tongue sticking out smiley

Good luck, keep us posted!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login