Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh Boy, here we go again! 2004 330ci

Posted by rkj 
rkj
August 14, 2013 03:59PM
So today I made the hard choice. I had 5 cars to choose from and I choose this one, of course it was the most money but hopefully it will pan out to be a winner (one never really knows...) 2004 330ci 6speed (winter package) [i200.photobucket.com] [i200.photobucket.com]
Looks like a winner to me. Except for one thing...it is not an E-30...but then they are not making many of them any more.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
Bob in Everett
Looks like a winner to me. Except for one thing...it is not an E-30...but then they are not making many of them any more.

When I look at all the geegaws on the new car I get a whole new kind of nervous confused smiley
rkj
Bob in Everett

When I look at all the geegaws on the new car I get a whole new kind of nervous confused smiley

This is also a car you won't be doing much work on yourself either; they are far more complicated than the E30 :eek:
Congratulations! I guarantee you will enjoy the car, especially with that engine. Looks good!
The mechanical stuff can easily be done, though a bit more work to be done than on an E30, lots more plastic to remove (even for simple maintenance, the E30 requires close to nothing to be removed) and take care not to break it.
And as they're well build, he shouldn't have too many issues with it.

I like the coupe over the 4dr, but that one was out of my budget. A Touring would have been more practical at times, especially as my rear seats don't fold down, but for that we have the VW Touran. I chose the 4dr for the slightly better aero and thus lower fuel consumption (as I drive a daily 225 km commute).
Michiel 318iS
Congratulations! I guarantee you will enjoy the car, especially with that engine. Looks good!

Looks great!

:cool2:

Keep us posted.
You are keepingo the e30 and e39?
Quite a fleet you have there!
:dance:
rkj
I know Peter, the e30 is like working on the old Bmws I grew up with. I don't think mine is going anywhere for a while to come. After I bought Sam (the new guy) I was looking at my trusty 325is with renewed love and with the historic insurance it doesn't cost very much to keep it on hand, it's my only tow car too. Although, Sam has all the good stuff I need, ac and all, everyday. Judging by these heat waves lately I need the ac!

I plan to keep three cars (its nice having an extra car for back up). It neat, the e39 and e46 side by side look like mother and daughter. It's so nice driving a smaller car, I'm really a 3 series guy (in fact we both are, Janet's a hot rodder too), the size just fits and the 3 litre is so much fun, the 6 speed helps make it dynamic. To me the perfect combination smiling smiley

Hopefully I didn't buy a stinker, time and miles will tell... Now I have some work to do building back my bank balance eye rolling smiley

Thanks, Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login