Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone heard about this new 4-series?

Anyone read anything about this so called "4 series" they're developing?
Any thoughts?

Seems to me like they're really reaching now, looks like a 5 and a 1 had a red headed stepchild that looks and acts slightly like a 3.

What's next? 2 series? 9 series?
Using a 4 just seems.....uncomfortable. I still don't even like the idea of the 1 series, but I'm probably nitpicking.
NOT ONLY THIS, they're saying the 4 is going to replace the 3.

Not that I agree the modern 3 is a timeless, unbeatable version of the 3, but still........
I think it may be the answer to the competition, unfolding the range expecting to reach every customer...
Look at Mercedes Benz, and Audi, and the others...

As for the BMW 1 series, is much better than a MB A series...
It's not meant to be successfull at the US (there's something about hathcbacks) , but is doing fine in Europe!
The new 4-series is just a new name for the 3 coupe, no new segment, just a new name. Odd numbers are sedans, even numbers are coupes. The next 1-series based coupe will be called 2-series.
Oh, and I'm not a fan of the X and GT series. They're for men with a small you-know-what.
rkj
Now I'm really confused spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
That's the age, Rick!
rkj

Check out Mercedes Benz model range, now that's confusing! :o
And they used to be so straight-forward...
Michiel 318iS
The new 4-series is just a new name for the 3 coupe, no new segment, just a new name. Odd numbers are sedans, even numbers are coupes. The next 1-series based coupe will be called 2-series.

Wtf, that seems like a stupid system replacing the tried and true. :wall:

Jose Pinto
rkj

Check out Mercedes Benz model range, now that's confusing! :o
And they used to be so straight-forward...

True that, I still have no good handle on that one.
Just saw a show about the new 4 cylinder twin turbo BMW diesel. Great, unbelievable performance, fantastic fuel economy, very clean. Evidently, they have solved all 3 issues. Perhaps this is what is powering the new 4 series?
rkj
Four series?, really! that doesn't even sound right thumbs down. Although, I think there's a E46 in my future smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login