Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flyboys 318i

Posted by Flyboy 
July 04, 2010 04:06AM
Here is mine, 1991 318i (M40) daily commuter, doing 60km a day, mostly freeway driving, currently has covered close to 440 000Km and still going strong, still giving me around 13km/liter, that is around 31mpg for those on the other side of the pond.
I have done one head gasket and one clutch replacement so far, and that is about it for major maintenance so far, oh and a set of front disc rotors, other than that, regular minor and preventative maintenance keeps her ticking like a watch, if she costs me a grand a year, it is a lot.
Although her age is beginning to show, the regular electrical gremlins are starting to plague her, and the camshaft is in need of replacement, as it is badly worn now due to the little holes in the spray bar having clogged up, so she is understandably a little down on performance, otherwise no ill effects.
These little 4 bangers are bullet proof, and I love her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
Attachments:
open | download - LXV1.jpg (115.7 KB)
open | download - LXV2.jpg (111.7 KB)
open | download - LXV3.JPG (175.4 KB)
open | download - LXV4.JPG (170.3 KB)
October 13, 2010 12:24AM
Glad to see another M42 person hanging around. I'll do an intro to my car here in a sec and go from there...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login