December 14, 2008 04:28PM
I would really like to put back an original 6 button digital clock.
If you have one and would like to trade for a fully functional 13 button OBC with harness; here's your chance.

The OBC has also had the back lights updated to LEDs and is nice and bright grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2008 08:35PM by Archeo-peteriX.
wow, this is quite the deal. too bad i have the 13button now. oh hey, how about you send me the LED backlit one, and i will send mine to whoever wanted to trade you... eye rolling smiley

Hmm. I've often thought about replacing my 6-button clock with a 13-button OBC. Maybe we should talk. smiling smiley

Would you need the 6-button harness as well?

What don't you like about the 13-button OBC?

How difficult is it to switch harnesses for someone with a modicum of electronics experience?

(Oh, and congrats on being the first one to 3rd gear. smiling smiley )

daniel
i once tried to switch between a 6 and 13 button OBC and i found that the 13 button OBC is larger and therefore a different trim plate is needed for it to fit properly.

The one I have in there now was a direct fit.
Dave_G
Hmm. I've often thought about replacing my 6-button clock with a 13-button OBC. Maybe we should talk. smiling smiley

Would you need the 6-button harness as well?

What don't you like about the 13-button OBC?

How difficult is it to switch harnesses for someone with a modicum of electronics experience?

(Oh, and congrats on being the first one to 3rd gear. smiling smiley )

The harness needs to be changed for full functionality but it is plug and play. You may have to remove some of the tape that binds it to the main harness but no big deal.

My car didn'r come equipped with the full OBC and I don't use anything more than time and temperature. I only put it in because the old display cracked and bled sad smiley
PM sent.

Archeo-peteriX
daniel
i once tried to switch between a 6 and 13 button OBC and i found that the 13 button OBC is larger and therefore a different trim plate is needed for it to fit properly.

The one I have in there now was a direct fit.

interesting. maybe this is something unique to the 318is, then.

Ok, got a trade smiling smiley

Thanks for looking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 3 on September 29, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 116 on November 11, 2017