Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

WTB driver's low beam ellipsoid lens

Posted by wodcutr 
January 22, 2009 01:56PM
I am looking for a reasonably priced glass lens for my daughter's 89 325i. I believe that there is a difference between the right and left side lenses for the low beams so they do not blind oncoming drivers. I do not want to replace all the lenses with the plastic replacements just to fix the one cracked one in order to make it look good. Ellipsoids are cool looking, but can be a PITA when trying to replace broken glass. The local junk yard does not have any and Ebay usually wants you to buy the whole assembly...both lights. That can get spendy! Let me know if you have a lens I can buy from you or trade something else as I have a 91 318is parts car (no ellipsoids). Thanks!
Dan
January 22, 2009 11:27PM
i know you don't like r3vlimited, but their for sale section is very active and I have seen ellipsoids pop up there often. its worth a look.

January 23, 2009 01:57PM
daniel
i know you don't like r3vlimited, but their for sale section is very active and I have seen ellipsoids pop up there often. its worth a look.

I know you are probably right. I just don't feel comfortable registering at a sight only to buy or sell stuff. The reason I like this site is because you are pretty accepting of everybody, even me. Those other sites seem to thrash new comers pretty good as unintelligent fools that know nothing about E30s. I don't feel like getting an ass whipping by some punk that doesn't even know me all because I'm a newbie. I guess I will continue my search on Ebay or buy another parts car with ellipsoids! I could probably get a whole parts car for what they want for a side of headlights.
January 24, 2009 12:05AM
well, if you are just looking to buy something, all you need to do is find what you want, send the seller a message asking for his paypal email, and then send the money. you don't have to participate in all the other stuff.

Got it on R3V. Thanks for the incentive to finally register there Daniel. It looks as if you are a frequent visitor there too.
wodcutr
Got it on R3V. Thanks for the incentive to finally register there Daniel. It looks as if you are a frequent visitor there too.

yes, i spend most of my time there as it is much more active.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 3 on September 29, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 109 on June 08, 2017